Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Rise Of IRONIC EXTINCTION..

So i recently had a Chance to Catch up with one of the founders of Ironic Extintion, for an interview and i must say it seems that the people at I.E. have a great set of minds on there hands so with that being said heres what went down in the interview.

G.E.A.H-Who are the creative minds behind I.E.?
I.E.-Myself, my two friends/co-owners Chris, and Sos, and my Girlfriend - Dulce Ruby.

G.E.A.H-How Did you come up with the Name?
I.E.-My friends and me got together and created the logo itself first, then thought of the perfect name (Ironic Extinction) a couple days later.

G.E.A.H-What is the concept behind the Logo?
I.E.-It's pretty self explanatory really, It is a dinosaur (who are of course EXTINCT), riding a comet...which most people believe caused the extinction of their kind...hence the name IRONIC EXTINCTION.

G.E.A.H-Who and what inspires your own personal style?
I.E.-My own label inspires me and my style to tell you the truth, but if I had to say something else... fashion magazines, Lupe Fiasco, Pharell and Andre 3000 influence me as well.

G.E.A.H-What Heat does the I.E collecton have in store for its consumer?
I.E.-Well as of right now We just released the limited edition New Era Cap which can be bought now online. As for coming up, we have this Exclusive Hoodie in the works right now, which you should be seeing come out in the next few months or so.

G.E.A.H-What direction do you see I.E. Going in the next 5 yrs(Meaning High-end, Street,Punk etc)?
I.E.-I see I.E. heading to be a mixture of it all really; Starting off with the street/urban end of the industry, then working up to the High-End Fashion.

G.E.A.H-Where can people find I.E.?
I.E.-Right now, online on my myspace (www. myspace. com/spaceboyd) and we will have our Official site up and running really soon so anyone can purchase....hopefully everything works out as planned and we trickle down into a few stores by the end of '08 too!

G.E.A.H-Do you have any shout outs?
I.E.-Everyone who supports Ironic Extinction, all of those who have gone out and purchased an item, And thank YOU for your time and consideration for this interview/blog
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!